E-Investing India - Online Community for Investors and Traders  

Go Back   E-Investing India - Online Community for Investors and Traders > Personal Finance & Investing > Financial Services
Read All Rules Contact Site Administrator

Financial Services Discussion Forum for Financial Services like Banking and Broking. DO NOT ADVERTISE ANY TYPE OF SERVICE HERE.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 14th October 2018, 04:55 PM
Regular Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 596
Rep Power: 2085
vinvest has a reputation beyond reputevinvest has a reputation beyond reputevinvest has a reputation beyond reputevinvest has a reputation beyond reputevinvest has a reputation beyond reputevinvest has a reputation beyond reputevinvest has a reputation beyond reputevinvest has a reputation beyond reputevinvest has a reputation beyond reputevinvest has a reputation beyond reputevinvest has a reputation beyond repute
Default Converting Old Physical Shares



My dad who got out of the stock market many years ago, found some physical copies of shares he had.

He is sure some of them are still in his name & he never demated them or sold them. Others he doesn't remember.

So

- is there a way to go about finding out if those shares still belong to him?
- How do demat them?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 19th October 2018, 11:57 AM
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,250
Rep Power: 7669
Alchemist has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemist has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemist has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemist has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemist has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemist has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemist has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemist has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemist has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemist has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemist has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinvest View Post
My dad who got out of the stock market many years ago, found some physical copies of shares he had.

He is sure some of them are still in his name & he never demated them or sold them. Others he doesn't remember.

So

- is there a way to go about finding out if those shares still belong to him?
- How do demat them?
If the share certificate are with you and the company has not changed anything like face value/merger etc then most probably the shares are in your father's name.

Share transfer is not possible without sending the shares to the company.

In some cases, companies issue new shares without collecting the old shares. In such a case, you will have to check with the company.

e.g. In case of face value changes, many companies send new face value shares but don't ask for old face value shares. Many companies ask for old face value shares before issuing new face value shares.

If your father has a demat account, fill the demat form and give the shares to DP. That's it - very simply procedure.

The process gets very complicated if a share-owner expires without nomination or when the shares are lost. So please complete the process as soon as possible.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 19th October 2018, 07:53 PM
Regular Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 596
Rep Power: 2085
vinvest has a reputation beyond reputevinvest has a reputation beyond reputevinvest has a reputation beyond reputevinvest has a reputation beyond reputevinvest has a reputation beyond reputevinvest has a reputation beyond reputevinvest has a reputation beyond reputevinvest has a reputation beyond reputevinvest has a reputation beyond reputevinvest has a reputation beyond reputevinvest has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist View Post
If the share certificate are with you and the company has not changed anything like face value/merger etc then most probably the shares are in your father's name.

Share transfer is not possible without sending the shares to the company.

I also thought this was true. One of the shares was for IDBI and I called the company's investor relations today & told them the folio number & they said it was dematted in 2010. And he does have it in his demat account - because of the certificates, I thought that may be these are others which he forgot to demat.

I was looking at some of the other shares - some of the companies have been delisted - what happens to these?

And some shares (which are very old - purchased in 1994) - I am not even able to google where the company exists! May be the company wound down. But what if the company changed it's name - is there any way to find out? I will type in a list of the names tomorrow.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 24th October 2018, 11:10 AM
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,250
Rep Power: 7669
Alchemist has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemist has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemist has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemist has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemist has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemist has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemist has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemist has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemist has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemist has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemist has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinvest View Post
I also thought this was true. One of the shares was for IDBI and I called the company's investor relations today & told them the folio number & they said it was dematted in 2010. And he does have it in his demat account - because of the certificates, I thought that may be these are others which he forgot to demat.

I was looking at some of the other shares - some of the companies have been delisted - what happens to these?

And some shares (which are very old - purchased in 1994) - I am not even able to google where the company exists! May be the company wound down. But what if the company changed it's name - is there any way to find out? I will type in a list of the names tomorrow.
1. The physical shares are of IDBI or IDBI Bank?

IDBI Bank was merged with IDBI in 2005 and then IDBI was renamed IDBI Bank.

Maybe the company sent your father new shares which were later demated.

2. If it was voluntary delisting, the company (promoters) may be interested in buying the shares from you.

If it was a penal action, most probably the shares have no value now.

3. Post a list here and I will check it out.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 24th October 2018, 01:39 PM
Regular Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 596
Rep Power: 2085
vinvest has a reputation beyond reputevinvest has a reputation beyond reputevinvest has a reputation beyond reputevinvest has a reputation beyond reputevinvest has a reputation beyond reputevinvest has a reputation beyond reputevinvest has a reputation beyond reputevinvest has a reputation beyond reputevinvest has a reputation beyond reputevinvest has a reputation beyond reputevinvest has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist View Post

2. If it was voluntary delisting, the company (promoters) may be interested in buying the shares from you.

If it was a penal action, most probably the shares have no value now.

3. Post a list here and I will check it out.

1) Vinyoflex Limited
2) Seax Leather Exports Limited
3) Sunrise Oleochemicals
4) Shiva Egg Products Limited
5) Arun Processors
6) Asian Vegpro Industries Ltd
7) Shree Pomani Metals & Alloys Limited
8) Optel Telecommunications
9) Pretto Leather Industries Limited
10) Vardhaman Wires & Polymers Ltd
11) Kalyani Refineries

Most of these were bought in the mid 90s in the primary market.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 24th October 2018, 05:41 PM
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,250
Rep Power: 7669
Alchemist has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemist has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemist has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemist has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemist has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemist has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemist has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemist has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemist has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemist has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemist has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinvest View Post
1) Vinyoflex Limited
2) Seax Leather Exports Limited
3) Sunrise Oleochemicals
4) Shiva Egg Products Limited
5) Arun Processors
6) Asian Vegpro Industries Ltd
7) Shree Pomani Metals & Alloys Limited
8) Optel Telecommunications
9) Pretto Leather Industries Limited
10) Vardhaman Wires & Polymers Ltd
11) Kalyani Refineries

Most of these were bought in the mid 90s in the primary market.

1) Vinyoflex is listed on BSE
https://beta.bseindia.com/stock-shar...inyofl/530401/

2) Seax Leather Exports Limitedis now Atlanta Devcon
https://beta.bseindia.com/stock-shar...ntadev/526843/

3) Sunrise Oleochemicals was liquidated.

4) Shiva Egg Products Limited was wound up.

5) Arun Processors was delisted in 2002. I am not sure if it is doing any business now.

6) Asian Vegpro Industries Ltd was listed on BSE/CSE but is now suspended.
https://beta.bseindia.com/stock-shar...sianve/530413/

7) Shree Pomani Metals & Alloys Limited is delisted.
https://www.bseindia.com/stock-share...hpommt/513733/

8) Optel Telecommunications is delisted.
https://www.bseindia.com/stock-share.../optel/531093/

9) Pretto Leather Industries Limited is delisted.
https://www.bseindia.com/stock-share...retlea/526691/

10) Vardhaman Wires & Polymers Ltd
https://www.bseindia.com/stock-share...ARDWIR/513705/

11) Kalyani Refineries is no longer listed on BSE. I am not sure what happened to it. Most likely it was suspended and then delisted.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 25th October 2018, 09:21 AM
Regular Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 596
Rep Power: 2085
vinvest has a reputation beyond reputevinvest has a reputation beyond reputevinvest has a reputation beyond reputevinvest has a reputation beyond reputevinvest has a reputation beyond reputevinvest has a reputation beyond reputevinvest has a reputation beyond reputevinvest has a reputation beyond reputevinvest has a reputation beyond reputevinvest has a reputation beyond reputevinvest has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Thanks a load!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist View Post
2) Seax Leather Exports Limitedis now Atlanta Devcon
https://beta.bseindia.com/stock-shar...ntadev/526843/
Will the process of demating this be any different from demating say Vinyoflex - I mean, will the name change cause any issues?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist View Post

3) Sunrise Oleochemicals was liquidated.

4) Shiva Egg Products Limited was wound up.
How did you figure this out?


5) Arun Processors was delisted in 2002. I am not sure if it is doing any business now.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist View Post

6) Asian Vegpro Industries Ltd was listed on BSE/CSE but is now suspended.
https://beta.bseindia.com/stock-shar...sianve/530413/

7) Shree Pomani Metals & Alloys Limited is delisted.
https://www.bseindia.com/stock-share...hpommt/513733/

8) Optel Telecommunications is delisted.
https://www.bseindia.com/stock-share.../optel/531093/

9) Pretto Leather Industries Limited is delisted.
https://www.bseindia.com/stock-share...retlea/526691/

What to do about delisted or suspended companies?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 25th October 2018, 10:54 AM
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,250
Rep Power: 7669
Alchemist has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemist has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemist has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemist has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemist has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemist has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemist has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemist has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemist has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemist has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemist has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinvest View Post
Thanks a load!

Will the process of demating this be any different from demating say Vinyoflex - I mean, will the name change cause any issues?

How did you figure this out?

5) Arun Processors was delisted in 2002. I am not sure if it is doing any business now.

What to do about delisted or suspended companies?
For name change cases, you are inquire with the company if they have issued new shares in your name.

If not, you can ask them if they can accept the old shares and issue new shares in demat form.

I just Googled for the all the names and found the information on various websites.

Most of the companies that were delisted from BSE were delisted for penal reasons and there is nothing that can be done now. Maybe you can send a post card to the physical address and see if you get any reply.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rights Renunciation and Physical Shares Doubt magnet Markets & Indices 2 15th July 2011 09:40 AM
Difference of Names - Physical Shares and Demat Account KaustubhSuyal Other Personal Finance Issues 3 29th June 2011 10:57 PM
Demat of Physical Shares - Signature Mismatch kumar1214 Markets & Indices 2 2nd January 2011 01:42 PM
Query about Physical Shares (Hindustan Motors) ramkasi Markets & Indices 4 19th September 2008 09:28 AM
Physical Shares (Reliance) - What To Do? kolucoms6 Markets & Indices 6 24th December 2007 05:15 PM


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
Ad Management plugin by RedTyger