View Single Post
Old 9th April 2013, 09:27 AM

magnet has a reputation beyond reputemagnet has a reputation beyond reputemagnet has a reputation beyond reputemagnet has a reputation beyond reputemagnet has a reputation beyond reputemagnet has a reputation beyond reputemagnet has a reputation beyond reputemagnet has a reputation beyond reputemagnet has a reputation beyond reputemagnet has a reputation beyond reputemagnet has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Yad View Post
Did not see any difference in direct and regular plan except little difference in price.

It is believed that direct plan has no or very minimum charges.

In sum I did not see any difference in investing "click" procedures.

Happy Investing!
The main difference is in expense ratio as mentioned in link I provided.

Though the difference right now is as small as 0.7% one should not forget it started in January this year and 0.7% difference in 4 months is not pretty bad.

Even say, till end of year it touches 1% then also slowly in next 5 years it will further increase and then we and most will try to catch the bus.

Also one older link of same site had shown how expense ratio eats chunk in longer term where a normal plan values 75 lakhs whereas without expense ratio it valued around 90 lakhs to 1 crore.

But the most important question remains is that is it easy to invest in such plans?

I login on my fundsindia account. And say i wanted to invest in Reliance banking fund, i just put a search and click the option. If i have investment in any other reliance fund it automatically takes that folio number and just 4-5 pages of amount mention, clicking not doing third party investment and all and it gets done.

And within two business day as units allocated it got under my investment table with present value, investment value, average yearly return and absolute return all details are sum up.

But if in direct plan it's just like camsonline mail that yearly once you get mail to track the present value on the date the mail was created then it won't be easy job to track the performance.

Anyways, sooner or later we too will migrate seeing return. I might try with a small amount soon to check how it works.